Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wedding Style - All the Pretty Little Things!
















I may be a little biased, but I think our wedding was absolutely stunning. I was especially happy with it, because I knew all of the work that went into it. We did a lot of this by hand (including sewing the lace on at the end of my veil because we couldn't find what I wanted for a reasonable price). Like a lot of people, I wanted a beautiful wedding but I was not able to shell out tens of thousands of dollars for one. We opted for a small wedding of 80 guests and kept the budget below $12,000 by hiring a local BBQ joint for the food, and student photographers for a lower rate than professionals (and they still did an amazing job!). 

Have you or will you be getting married soon with a limited budget?

2 comments:

  1. You are a stunning bride! That dress is flawless!! I love that you set and stuck to a budget. I had an outrageously big and pricey wedding. Yes, it was beautiful and I loved every second, but WHY oh why did I do that to my parents?! I sometimes wish we'd opted for a smaller, more intimate day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have a ton of financial support from our families so we really did have to scale back. It required a lot of DIY and Pinterest! :) But totally worth it!

      Delete